Youtube Killed the Television Star

Is T.V. dying?

Um. Maybe?

A lot of us are extremely busy. Whether it be school, work, or family, it's in the lifestyle we live. With sites such as Youtube or Netflix that cater to our own unique lifestyle, providing entertainment on demand, television doesn't stand a chance. Not only can you now watch big screen movies at home, but with sites like Youtube, you can create your own content. It's the next creative level! However, this new platform might not effect the older demographic as much. I mean- have you tried teaching your grandma to use the internet? Personally, it didn't turn out too well. Truth is, television is easy; you have to give it that. You turn it on and it plays. There's a T.V. schedule to follow. No subscribing to channels, no commenting, no playlists. It's simple stuff.



While it's true that the world wide interwebs may have taken the audience away from television, perhaps it's making a comeback? With hit shows such as Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, television is standing its ground. It's really amazing how successful these shows have become. Even with busy lifestyles, people are willing to work their schedules around to watch them; if that's not dedication, I don't know what is.

So, do I see the death of television? Not anytime soon. Video killed the radio star, but there's always going to be people who listen to the radio. And even if Youtube ends up killing the television star, there will always be people who watch television. So? Don't worry 'bout it. Watch what you want to watch. And remember that with the big impact T.V. has had, it's going to take a whole lot more to destroy it.

2 comments:

  1. Helloo
    I agree that television is dying but in the future there probably going to be a handful of people who continue to watch it. Creative title! Did you draw and paint that picture yourself? It's a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I never looked at it that way. I thought that television would disappear just like the VCR did but like the radio, it's always going to have people who use it. I really liked the way you worded your opinion! Nice painting too!

    ReplyDelete