Is It Too Late Now to Say Sorry?

Why are fans are willing to put up with so much when it comes to overlooking their favourite celebrity’s misbehaviours?
To be completely honest, I have no clue. 0% clue. 0 out of 10. It makes no sense to me how anyone could idolize another human being so much as to ignore all their negative actions.

As notable public figures and role models to many, should their behaviours not have consequences like they would for a normal person such as you or me? 
As notable public figures and role models to many, their behaviours, I believe, should have equal if not more severe consequences as the everyday human. (You and I, included).

Just as our careers and social lives would be affected if we were to break the law or get caught with illegal substances, shouldn’t celebrities have similar consequences? Or has our celebrity culture elevated to the point where celebrities are above the law and their actions void of consequences?
I think, quite unfortunately, celebrity culture has elevated above the point where celebrities are above the law and their actions void of consequence. This is quite scary, this gives them a lot of power, that they may or may not deserve. They effect the way we think, what we see on the media, the way we speak, and act. It's insane to think that they're negative actions don't have the same consequences. 

Instead, let's talk positive role models! Because Tay Tay seems to be slaying the scene. What about Meghan Trainor promoting healthy body images for bigger girls? My favourite Youtuber Sam Chaplin always puts out his positive side! And Zendaya! Watch this video of her on Ellen, telling the audience why she thinks being a positive influence is important. (Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlL48Mgklk)



At the end of the day, we're all human. Sometimes its just hard to remember. 


2 comments:

  1. thats true, celebrities have elevated to such a high point where they are above other people and the law. With this they definitely should be punished like a normal person because they know they are looked up to and should know the consequences

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it fascinating when you said that celebrity culture has elevated to the point where celebrities are above the law because I never thought about it like that and it happens to be so true. I'm curious to know if you would still support your favourite YouTuber, Sam Chaplin, if he were to misbehave in the public eye, knowing his positive personality. Maybe that will help to get you thinking on why fans are willing to put up with so much when it comes to overlooking their favourite celebrity's misbehavior. I know that for me, I would still support my favourite singer even if they were to misbehave because of my love for their music.

    ReplyDelete